Who Can Participate?
UPSTART is for children the school year before they go to kindergarten.
Participants agree to use the program at home at least
15 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
You may pre-register now, and we will keep you advised of your participation status and other program-related information.
You may qualify for the use of a free computer and Internet service.
What is the preschool program?
UPSTART provides families like yours with a computer-based preschool program called Waterford Early Learning™ that your child uses at home for at least 15 minutes a day.
- Complete. Waterford Early Learning automatically progresses through complete lessons first in beginning reading and then in math and science. Parent preparation is NOT required.
- Easy to Use. Your child can work on the program without help.
- Waterford Quality. Millions of children across the nation have successfully learned with Waterford programs and now your child can too!
- Simple to Monitor Progress. You can quickly access your child’s progress reports at any time.
- Lots of Fun. Your child will love the games, books, songs, and activities.
- Supportive. Convenient training and support is available to help you make the most of your participation in UPSTART.
What will my child learn?
Your child will experience something new every day. Here are some skills that your preschooler will learn
|Spell his or her name||Matching||Five senses|
|Recognize capital A–Z||Sorting||Seasons|
|Recognize lowercase a–z||Recognizing and making 1–20||Sun, moon, constellations|
|Nursery rhymes||Counting and making groups||Water and clouds|
|Letter sounds||Shapes||Living and nonliving|
|Alliterative books||Positions||Plant or animal|
|Print concepts||Sizes||Categorizing animals|
|Songs from around the world||Measurement||Ecosystems|
|Vocabulary words||Logical reasoning||Push and pull|
|Hearing the sounds in speech||…and much more||Observing an egg develop into a chicken|
|…and much more||…and much more|
What do I have to do?
- Just sign up. You can pre-register children who will enter kindergarten in the fall of 2016 and beyond, and we will keep you advised of your participation status and other program-related information.